Monday, December 8, 2008

Nightmare Virus & Festival of trees

I got a nasty virus from facebook. I got a video sent to me by a friend ( She did not know it was sent) I clicked on it and got a virus on my computer. Then all the sudden I get emails from my friends on facebook saying I sent them a video which I did not! We saw the virus on the news that night. it said it is used to get personal imfo. Naturally I am stressed and have checked my accounts daily and changed passwords. But wait it isn't over. I ran virus scan got it all out. My internet was then gone. Called Comcast got it fixed. This whole time I used my lap top which is connected to our wireless router to look up accounts etc. I got on my laptop last night and my computer had been taken over. i could not do anything-not even restore it. Finally I found a setting to restore it. Now all I have is a black screen saying missing file. I am devestated I saved forever to get this laptop now I have nothing. I do not know if it is fixable and we really do not have money to fix it. I cannot believe there are such evil people in this world.
on the brighter side............
We had a lot of fun watching the girls perform at the festival of trees. Crew was still sick but we drug him along anyway and took his and dads picture in front of this little workshop. Soo cute!










6 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry! We lost our computer and everything on it last December. I cried for days. At least I learned my lesson and back everything now up but I still cried. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to my laptop. probably cry :) I hope you can get it fixed!

Ellie said...

Hey! I'm so sorry about that.. but guess what... my husband is a computer genius...works for Dell as a technician so he says that it's possible that we can save your laptop! He said he can try to salvage the information you saved on there... but he's not sure if it would work, however he's pretty sure he can get your computer working again. He's happy to try if you want! He does stuff like this all the time for everyone!! I don't know if you still have your "Operating System" cd's, but if you do then that would be very helpful! If you want to you can just bring your laptop, and your cd's, and if you have a flash drive (if you don't then we have one you can use) on wednesday, he would love to fix it for you! Let me know!

Carrie said...

The girls look so pretty in their dance costumes. Scott looks like such a proud pappa. Too cute!

Lydia said...

Sorry about your computer. The girls look cute.

The Walch Family said...

I would have no idea what to do if our computer got a virus. Thankfully Nathan's around. Your girls really look cute. (Of course, they always do, but this is just another instance.)

Anonymous said...

That makes me sick that your have lost everything on your computer. Good luck.
I love the workshop the boys are posing infront of. They showcased it on the morning news about 2 weeks ago. I LOVE IT! Every boys (big and small) dream.

I thought this looked fun and was curious to see who would acually do it. So, even if I do not know you, sign the guestbook
Webfetti.com

Webfetti.com