Tuesday, May 18, 2010

mommy daughter date & my poor father in law

So it has been a busy week as usual. Always so much going on,so many places to go, so much work to do, But after getting a letter on my bed from MaKayla asking when we could do a mommy daughter date with just me & her, I decided it was time to slow down and take a moment to spend with her. I planned on just the two of us and McKenzie didn't like the fact that she didnt go first, so what did we do? Well the whole family went to  Sub Zero Ice-cream (Highly reccomend it) and MaKayla & I sat at a table way away from everyone else. Yes there were the occasional screams of Crew saying MAAA...MAAA. I would have to wave and re assure him i was still there.
MaKayla & I had a lovely chat about life, boys (yes she has a boyfriend and I'm not sure how I feel about that), and how she thinks things are running around the house. The best thing about doing it this way was after about 15 minutes we switched and I got to talk with McKenzie. It was a fun little event.
 On a sadder note. my father in law has been in the hospital for a few days now and it is not looking good. There has been many tears shed at our house. So please keep him and Scott in your prayers becuase Scott is having a rough time. It started with him falling and breaking his hip, sugery, than he fell and broke his ribs, than he had a stomache infection and refused to go to the hospital, that is until Scott & his brother forced him. They have found a growth in his stomache. he has gone dilirious from meds adn low sodium. We just hope all will work out according to the Lords plan and everyone will be able to accept whatever comes next for Richard, we love you dad and hope you will get better soon.

6 comments:

bows and more said...

Such a cute Mom! Love the idea! So sorry to hera about your Father in law Hope he gets better soon! Love ya!con

Carrie said...

We will keep your family on our prayers. Love you guys!

The Walch Family said...

Oh my. Life never calms down, does it? I'm glad you got out with your daughters. I'm so sorry about your father-in-law!

Natalie said...

sending prayers and hugs!

The Watts said...

So sad to hear about RF, we are praying for him!

Anonymous said...

Darling date night! I can just see you all enjoying each others company.
I am so sorry to hear about Grandpa Christiansen. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

I thought this looked fun and was curious to see who would acually do it. So, even if I do not know you, sign the guestbook
Webfetti.com

Webfetti.com