Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Orthodauntics ????

We took the girls in to the orthodauntist today - yes, I know I cannot spell. It turns out they need a ton of work. A ton of work that costs a ton of money. MaKaylas overbight is so bad and McKenzies isn't too far behind. We cannot afford what needs to be done. At the same time we understand the importance of what needs to be done. I am torn. I cannot go get a second job. I already have the girls schedule, my hair business and a new baby. I just wish we lived in better financial times. I mean really, we are barely making our house payment and putting food on the table. I do not mean to complain, we are very blessed but how do we put a price on a little girl getting teased for Buck teeth. It has not happened yet, but we are worried. A little superficial I know. But I also want her to have a healthy jaw and smile, for both girls.
I guess I will just keep paying my tithing and praying a miracle tree that grows money like my dad joked about when I was little suddenly appears.




9 comments:

Lydia said...

I know it's hard to face the sacrafice. We finally paid off Arrie's pretty smile and now we are about to start Kory's who by the way has way more problems.

Natalie said...

Payment plan :) teeth are so important, but it stinks to have to pay for. I hear ya though. My work is doing lay offs, I never thought in a million years I'd have to worry. Our house plans are on hold until I find out that for sure I'm staying. The economy sucks!

Lynell said...

We are on our 4th pair of braces. Actually I had braces at the same time as two of my boys. Crazy!

Doesn't it seem like EVERYONE gets braces these days. My husbands teeth are not perfect and I like them that way. Funny huh!

Well, start saving now. That's what parents need to do. Start a braces fund and a college fund. hee hee

Your baby is so cute. Congratulation. And I LOVE the fun black and whites. What treasures!

Anonymous said...

It is expensive but... you need to do it. Teeth are a BIG deal. My parents always say two things that help us, 'prioriteis' and 'kids come with their own; somehow, someway, it will work out'.

Shauna said...

I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

Brittanie said...

Oh I feeeel your pain! We are doing a payment plan with our Dentist. You expressed my financial feelings exactly. Hang in there. I try to see it as a trial that will make me stronger and in the end looking back I can laugh and also be proud that I made it through. ;)

bows and more said...

I feel your pain girl! I am with the payment plan idea! Maybe you could do some trade for hair cuts, or something else! Wish life was better for you and all of us!

Our family said...

When I am hurting for money I just hold down the shift key while pushing the number 4.:) Stay out of debt, thats what I say. Having jacked teeth is not all bad. Just think of it as birth control. They can fix them after they move out.

andrea said...

i hear you. we have to make the final payment on rylers next month when he gets his off. yikes. bad time of year. then we start T's. it never ends.

I thought this looked fun and was curious to see who would acually do it. So, even if I do not know you, sign the guestbook
Webfetti.com

Webfetti.com